I have always appreciated Tony’s love for the local church and his practical, no-nonsense understanding of what it takes to be a healthy, growing and high-impacting local church.
Tony’s team and approach are top-knotch. They have developed a structured process to help churches build a healthy and effective multisite strategy. And it’s working for many, many churches.
We sat down a few months back and recorded a candid conversation about multisite and mergers. Tony released that conversation in three parts over the last few weeks on The Unstuck Church Podcast.
Here are some things this episode series digs into:
- How multisite moved from a radical idea to the mainstream strategy for growing churches to expand in just 30 years
- My “3 G’s” for determining whether you should launch a campus or plant a church
- Why multisite churches are growing faster and seeing more conversions than most church plants
- Why buying 100 acres and building the biggest building you can doesn’t work anymore
- How large your core team needs to be to launch a healthy campus
- Teaching models: What % of churches choose video, live teaching or a combination, how large they are, and what the data should really tell you (Hint: just because they are doing it, doesn’t mean it is working)
- The 6 issues you’ll face head on when you are considering a merger, what can go wrong, and how to avoid trouble
- Why mergers are different today than they were in decades past
You can listen to all three online below, but I’d really encourage you to go subscribe to the podcast. It’s super practical stuff they put out each week, and the episodes are only 15-20 minutes long.
MultiSite Solutions has begun a formal transition to join Tony Morgan and The Unstuck Group as part of a two-year merger-succession.
We are convinced we can better serve local churches together!
Tony and I are putting out some practical (and a lot of free) resources for multisite leaders. Get those by opting in to The Unstuck Group’s Multisite email subscription.