I recently had the honor of being a guest on the Flourishing Culture Podcast, hosted by the Best Christian Workplace Institute and their president, Al Lopus. This podcast focuses on how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company.
It was a great conversation about the way to build a flourishing culture in a multisite church.
A snapshot of the episode
- Effective churches have clarity around their mission, vision and strategy, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are healthy churches.
- Why insight into the health of your team is the key to your ultimate success.
- Smart and secure leaders are willing to take a good look in the mirror to see what needs to be addressed and how we can get better.
- Facts are our friends.
- Speed of the leader, speed of the team, speed of the church.
- Healthy staff, healthy church.
- Implementing several steps to move toward more collaboration by identifying area champions, utilizing focus groups and creating think tanks.
- It boils down to understanding the “why” and “trust” between leaders and staff.
- Senior leadership is ultimately responsible for all the decisions of a church, but they don’t have to make all the decisions or make them in a vacuum.
- When people have a voice in the decision-making process, they have more ownership of the ultimate decision.
- Get healthy, stay healthy.
- Take care of your team, and they will serve their congregations and communities better.
Check out the interview!
You can listen online or read the transcript.
Reposted with permission from BCWI.